|Cassandra Liana Macmillan (nee Moon)|
12 September, 1960
21 September, 1981
Her family dead
9¼", Aspen, Phoenix feather
- "That’s Cassandra Macmillan, an Auror. She died soon after the war ended taking in that snake, Rookwood. Died a hero's death"
- —Description of Cassandra' death
Cassandra Macmillan (nee Moon), O.M. (First Class), was a pure-blooded witch and a member of the House of Moon. A member of a family of perceived "blood traitors", Cassandra was the mother of Ernie Macmillan and wife of Macklemore Macmillan. During the First Wizarding War, Cassandra was a member of the Auror Office and a member of the Order of the Phoenix, unlike Macklemore, who was simply a loyal supporter and ally of a the Order. However, Cassandra, though she survived the War, was killed soon after the end of the first war, trying to take the Death Eater, Augustus Rookwood, into custody, where she took a Killing Curse intended for a fellow Auror. Her sacrifice however, was not in vein, for, as she ran forwards to protect her fellow Auror, she sent a Knockout Jinx at the traitorous Unspeakable, knocking him out and allowing the Ministry to capture him. Cassandra was awarded an Order of Merlin, First Class for her brave sacrifice.
Cassandra Moon was born on 12 September, 1960 in Dunmore East, County Waterford, Ireland to the pure-blooded House of Moon. Her father was Albert Moon, son of Theodore Moon and Wilfrida Moon (née Stalk), and her mother was Godeliva Moon (née Speight). She had a younger brother, Dennis Moon. Her mother, Godeliva, was originally from New Zealand. Despite the fact that around half of the family was in Slytherin (the other half was in Ravenclaw, with Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs thrown in occasionally), the House of Moon was supportive of Muggle protection and Muggle-born/Half-Breed rights and disowned any member of the family who became dark wizards. The family was also related to the Potters, as Euphemia Potter had originally come from the Moon Family.
Hogwarts years (1971–1978)
She received her Hogwarts letter in the summer of 1971. That same summer, she visited Diagon Alley, located in London, and purchased a wand made of Aspen, with Phoenix feathers for a core and 9¼" in length from Ollivander's Wand Shop. On 1 September, 1991, she boarded the train for Hogwarts from King's Cross Station and was sorted into Ravenclaw House. Cassandra soon befriended Lily Evans, Alice Fortescue, Marlene McKinnon, Dorcas Meadowes, Emmeline Vance, Pandora Brown, Rose Corran, Elizabeth Edgecombe, Emerald Greengrass, Isobel Campbell, Bridget Symons, Phoebe Dawson, Glenda Chittock, Molly, Gideon and Fabian Prewett, Arthur Weasley, Elisabeth Inglebee, Marina Ogilvy, Ruthie MacCallum and many others, including people from Hufflepuff, Gryffindor and Slytherin, although she originally disliked James Potter, Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew, who bullied without reason, although she had a much better relationship with Remus Lupin and, after Remus's three best friends' bullying attitude mellowed, Cassandra become more friendly towards them. Cassandra was eventually invited to join the Slug Club due to her skills in all core classes and her influential family. She eventually began dating Macklemore Macmillan, a Hufflepuff. Cassandra received "Outstandings" in all her O.W.Ls, which consisted of Astrology, Potions, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration, Herbology, Charms and Muggle Studies and received similar marks in her N.E.W.Ts. Even after she graduated, Cassandra remained in close contact with her teachers and friends. She and Macklemore eventually married and Cassandra became a member of the Auror Office because of her great marks.
First Wizarding War
- "There's me, and there's Dumbledore beside me, Dedalus Diggle on the other side ... that's Marlene McKinnon, she was killed to weeks after this was taken, they got her whole family. That's Frank and Alice Longbottom — poor devils. Better dead than what happened to them ... and that's Emmeline Vance ... you've met her, and that there's Lupin, obviously ... Benjy Fenwick, he copped it too, we only even found bits of him [...]. That's Edgar Bones ... brother of Amelia Bones, they got him and his entire family, too, he was a great wizard ... Sturgis Podmore, blimey he looks young ... Caradoc Dearborn, vanished six months after this, we never found his body ... Hagrid of course, looks exactly the same as ever ... Elphias Doge, you've met him, I'd forgotten he used to wear that stupid hat ... Gideon Prewett, it took five Death Eaters to kill him and his brother Fabian, they fought like heroes [...]. That's Dumbledore's brother Aberforth, only time I ever met him, strange bloke ... that's Dorcas Meadowes, Voldemort killed her personally ... Mundungus Fletcher, he looks as ragged as ever, I'd forgotten he didn't always smoke that idiot pipe ... Donovar Crane, you know him of course, and his wife Jane, she was killed a few weeks before Voldemort fell. Avenging her was one of Donovar's final actions as an Auror ... Arabella Figg ... I'd nearly forgotten she insisted on having that cat of her's, Mr. Whatever-She-Called-Him when we took this ... you've met Hestia Jones already ... Nymphadora's parents — Ted and Dromeda ... Matilda Webbs, she died soon after Voldemort fell; killed by her own husband Cassius after finding out he was a Death Eater ... Everandar Rosier ... he spied for the Order from inside the Death Eaters themselves. That’s Cassandra Macmillan, an Auror. She died soon after the war ended taking in that snake, Rookwood. Died a hero's death and that's her husband Macklemore with her ... Sirius, when he still had short hair, and that's Ethel next to him ..."
- —Alastor Moody identifying and describing the fates of Cassandra and several of her comrades after the First Wizarding War
During the First Wizarding War, Cassandra was a member of the Auror Office and a member of the Order of the Phoenix, unlike Macklemore, who was simply a loyal supporter and ally of the Order who fought for them and financially supported the Order, and fought fiercely against Lord Voldemort and his Death Eaters, as well as acting as a contact between the Order and The Ministry of Magic. She participated in many battles and fought alongside Alastor Moody against the Death Eaters. She acted both as an interrogator and fighter, interrogating information from prisoners and kept in close contact with a network of spies in the enemy army. In a apex of the war, the Aurors were given permission to cast the three Unforgivable Curses and, though she used them, she did not use them as much as some, always trying to capture enemies and give them a fair trial and complained against those who wished to drive the Giants to extinction and double the Dementors around Azkaban. She successfully mastered the Patronus Charm and saved multiple muggle communities from Lord Voldemort's Dementors casting it. Though she did not capture as many as Alastor, she did aid in filling almost a quarter of the cells in Azkaban with Death Eaters, earning her many enemies among the families who approved of their death eater relatives actions who Cassandra had captured. She and her husband also took a photo with the rest of the Order soon before many Order members were lost, during which, she was seen beaming a warm smile and was described as a beautiful witch dressed in purple-and-blue clothes with dark, oak brown hair falling down her back. She gave birth to a baby boy named Ernie Macmillan and girl named Madeline in April and November respectively. Though Cassandra survived, the same was, sadly, not true for some of her friends, including Caradoc Dearborn, Marlene McKinnon, Dorcas Meadowes and Lily Evans, who perished undeserved, gruesome deaths, and, in people like Caradoc's case, could never even given a proper burial due to the their bodies never being found.
However, Cassandra, though she survived the War, was killed soon after the end of the first war, trying to take the Death Eater, Augustus Rookwood, into custody, where she took a Killing Curse intended for a fellow Auror. Her sacrifice however, was not in vein, for, as she ran forwards to protect her fellow Auror, she sent a Momentum-Reversing Spell at the traitorous Unspeakable, knocking him out and allowing the Ministry to capture him. Cassandra was awarded an Order of Merlin, First Class for her brave sacrifice and, in her will, she split her fortune in two, one half going to her family and the other going to muggle rights donations. She also gave her children of Husky named Shadow, who's breed was one of the Moon families symbols,, shortly before her death, which would later act as Madeline's school pet.
Magical Abilities and Skills
- Magical mastery: As a Hogwarts student, Cassandra had excelled in her studies, and developed an extraordinary skill in many disciplines of magic, qualifying for Auror training at the British Ministry of Magic. This speaks for her versatility and her extensive expertise in many magical disciplines, which is a very big accomplishment for a sorcerer. After all, while most wizards are skilled in different areas of magic, but are best at one specific kind, Cassandra reportedly had fully mastered several.
- Auror skills: Cassandra Macmillan completed the Concealment and Disguise, as well as the Stealth and Tracking portions of Auror training with excellence, with her eventually becoming considered by many to be the most powerful Auror of all time. Cassandra was thus extremely capable in both offensive and defensive magic, the hallmarks of the Auror's trade, which she employed so effectively that Cassandra personally ensured that a quarter the cells of Azkaban were filled with Death Eaters during the First Wizarding War, and was trusted by the British Ministry of Magic with important missions. Additionally, Cassandra was an expert on Dark Detectors, owning a Foe-Glass, Secrecy Sensor, and Sneakoscope, among others, similar to her mentor, Alastor Moody. These skills also allowed Cassandra to be by far one of the most prolific members of the Order of the Phoenix in the First Wizarding War.
- Duelling: Cassandra Macmillan was an extremely skilled duellist, since in the midst of the First Wizarding War and in its aftermath, Cassandra utilised martial magic to fight and defeat dozens of skilled Death Eaters, Erasmus Blishwick and Vettlingar Yaxley being among them. Cassandra's ability to switch from offence to defence made her an immensely formidable opponent. She was also known to cast spells with her Spelling Staff, which gave Cassandra an extra advantage in case she was deprived of her wand. Cassandra often restrained herself from inflicting fatal injuries, and tried to take her opponents alive and give them fair trials.
- Defence Against the Dark Arts: Being considered one of the strongest, most heroic Aurors of all time, Cassandra received an "Outstanding" in her O.W.L. and N.E.W.T. for this subject, with Cassandra's capability and knowledge in defending against the Dark Arts being extreme. This mastery can be seen by her ability to defeat many Dark Wizards and Witches as an Auror. She may also have been considerably capable in breaking and countering curses, so as to be able to negate the dark spells performed by her enemies.
- Dark Arts: While Cassandra usually refrained from using dark magic, inflicting fatal injuries on her opponents, and killing them if it could be avoided throughout her time as an Auror, since the use of Unforgivable Curses and other forms of Dark Magic were legalised by Bartemius Crouch Snr, to torture or kill Death Eaters rather than capture them in the First Wizarding War, Cassandra was capable of practising dark magic, despite not being a Dark Witch. Although the extent of her abilities in this field is unknown, there are pieces of evidence to prove that Cassandra had a rather considerable amount of ability and knowledge, as shown by the fact that she killed Erasmus Blishwick when the latter resisted capture, likely by either the use of the Killing Curse or another curse which could inflict fatal injuries on her opponent. She also was forced to use the Cruciatus and Imperius Curses to extract information, although she rarely did this if she could help it.
- Charms: As an Auror, Cassandra was highly proficient in charm-work, receiving "Outstanding" in both her O.W.L. and N.E.W.T. for this subject, and was capable of performing the Disillusionment Charm, a highly advanced and powerful charm which would camouflage the target. Moreover, like Alastor Moody, Cassandra did not require an Invisibility cloak to make herself unseen, which helped her in her spying activities. Cassandra was skilled enough in charms to cast them from her Spelling Staff, which gave Cassandra an extra advantage, in case she was deprived of her wand.
- Transfiguration: As an Auror, Cassandra was highly proficient in charm-work, receiving "Outstanding" in both her O.W.L. and N.E.W.T. for this subject. She conjured up ropes to capture Death Eaters on multiple occasions.
- Potions: As an Auror, Cassandra was highly proficient in charm-work, receiving "Outstanding" in both her O.W.L. and N.E.W.T. for this subject. She was able to identify Potions and Poisons in an instant.
- Herbology: As an Auror, Cassandra was highly proficient in charm-work, receiving "Outstanding" in both her O.W.L. and N.E.W.T. for this subject.
- Apparition: Cassandra, like most accomplished adult wizards, could Apparate at will.