5, June 1980
- "I really don't think they should let the other sort in, do you? They're just not the same, they've never been brought up to know our ways. Some of them have never even heard of Hogwarts until they get the letter, I imagine. I think they should keep it in the old wizarding families."
- —Draco to Harry Potter before their first year at Hogwarts.
Draco Lucius Malfoy is a pure-blood, French-born English wizard and the only son of Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy (née Black). As the son of a Death Eater, Draco was raised to believe strongly in the importance of blood purity. He attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry from 1991 to 1998 and was sorted into Slytherin house. During his years at Hogwarts, he became friends with Vincent Crabbe, Gregory Goyle, Y/N Y/L/N and other fellow Slytherins, while he quickly developed a rivalry with Harry Potter.
He was made a prefect for his house and was a member of the Inquisitorial Squad during his fifth year, at the end of which his father was imprisoned in Azkaban following the Battle of the Department of Mysteries. Voldemort charged Draco with making up for Lucius' failure, and he became a Death Eater at age sixteen, but was quickly disillusioned with the lifestyle. Draco was unable to complete his task — murdering Albus Dumbledore, which was taken over by Severus Snape — and only performed his other duties fearfully and reluctantly. He and his family defected before the end of the Second Wizarding Wa, and thus avoided imprisonment in Azkaban following Voldemort's defeat. Draco eventually married Y/N Y/L/N and had, Scorpius Malfoy and Bella Narcissa Malfoy and Tom Theo Malfoy.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Relationships
- 3 Trivia
Draco reluctantly participated in Death Eater activities before the beginning of the 1997–1998 school year. Draco witnessed the murder of Charity Burbage and tortured Thorfinn Rowle on Voldemort's orders. Judging by later remarks made by Vincent Crabbe, it seems that the Malfoys had lost much of their influence in Death Eater circles.
—Vincent Crabbe to Draco in the Room of RequiDraco reluctantly participated in Death Eater activities before the beginning of the 1997–1998 school year. Draco
It is unknown whether or not Draco attended Hogwarts that year. It is possible that his last year was skipped in lieu of his duties to the Dark Lord. During the Easter holidays, Draco was seen at home in Malfoy Manor. He was called upon by his parents and aunt Bellatrix Lestrange to confirm the identities of Harry, Ron and Hermione, who were caught by a group of Snatchers led by Fenrir Greyback, but Draco showed great hesitation in doing so. When Hermione lied to Bellatrix under torture about Godric Gryffindor's Sword, Draco that was sent to fetch the goblin, Griphook, from the dungeons to get confirmation of the story. Later in the evening, the prisoners managed to escape, and Draco's wand was taken by Harry. Afterwards Draco and his family were detained to the Manor by Lord Voldemort.
Battle of Hogwarts
Later that same year, during the Battle of Hogwarts, Draco, along with Blaise Zabini and Gregory Goyle, chose to remain in the school as their fellow Slytherins evacuated in order to bring Harry to Voldemort. Given Lucius' previous remarks alluding to "forgiveness", it is likely that Draco was doing this in an attempt to redeem his family in Voldemort's eyes. However, he no longer exercised the same degree of control over his friends that he once had, particularly Crabbe.
- Draco: "STOP! The Dark Lord wants him alive —"
- Crabbe: "So? I’m not killing him, am I? But if I can, I will, the Dark Lord wants him dead anyway, what’s the diff —?"
- Draco: "Don’t kill him! DON’T KILL HIM!"
- — Draco and his cohorts in the Room of Requirement.
- "...and that's twice we've saved your neck tonight, you two-faced bastard!"
- —Ron after punching Draco and after Harry stuns a Death Eater during the Battle of Hogwarts.
Despite Draco telling his friends that Harry was to be brought back alive, Crabbe attempted to kill them and conjured Fiendfyre. Crabbe was unable to control the latter curse, and the Room of Requirement quickly filled with fire. Draco went out of his way to try to save Crabbe and Goyle. He managed to get Goyle, who had been stunned by Hermione during the previous fight, onto Ron and Hermione's broom before he let Harry fly them out. Crabbe, however, was killed in the fire, leaving Draco very upset.
Harry, Hermione and Ron later spotted Draco while under the Invisibility Cloak, pleading with a Death Eater that he was on his side. Harry stunned the Death Eater and Ron punched Draco and called him a "two-faced bastard", even as this was the second time they saved his life that night.
"Most of the time, Mr. Malfoy had to be working at Gringotts after an urgent call from the head goblin'."
—Draco during the the Christmas holiday of 2017.
Draco and his family avoided imprisonment in Azkaban due to their last-minute switch in allegiance. Draco eventually got a job at the Gringotts Wizarding Bank and married Astoria Greengrass . The two had a son together, named Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy, Bella Narcissa Malfoy and Tom Theo Malfoy. When Scorpius was six Astoria died and he was distraught, but when he got over her he ended up marrying Cho Chang, his one true love. They had two unnamed kids together.
Lucius & Narcissa Malfoy
Crabbe & Goyle
- Draco Malfoy:"Switchwalk, why would you join them yet alone sympathise with them, would you not want our house to succeed in getting the House Cup. Do you not ever feel like our House is left out.
- Leonard Switchwalk: Yes, i´d be lying if i claimed otherwise...
- Draco Malfoy: Then join me Switchwalk! If you join me, i will have Umbridge forgive your missdeeds
- Leonard Switchwalk: You wretched fool!-
- Draco Malfoy: What?! Why?!
- Leonard Switchwalk: Do you seriously think this Is this what the foundation & spirit of our house would have wanted? To allow dictatorial limitations on how and what to think and what is allowed to do? The foundation & spirit of our House i know would not have approved this ignorance and herd mentality, not even our founder, Salazar Slytherin, misguided he may have been would have allowed or approved such ignorance!
- Draco Malfoy: And what do you think our House will gain from throwing away our chance to win the House Cup and by appeasing Potter and our enemies?
- Leonard Switchwalk: The image of our house being restored & vindicated is more important than mere trophies and points .If we cannot put aside our differences with the other Houses, at least we can make peace with them and if "appeasing Potter" is the only way for us to have our image restored yet alone win a House Cup without sullying our reputation or image then so be it!
- Draco Malfoy: Fine! Then i hope your betrayal of Slytherin will make you suffer the hardest than the rest of them!
- — Draco to Leonard Switchwalk, Order of the Phoenix (film) (Fanon)
- Draco Malfoy did not seem to like his fellow Slytherin, Leonard Switchwalk, thinking he was an inadequte for the house of Slytherin, thinking that Leonard was betraying Slytherin for reasons such as being willing to negotiate Ginny Weasley & Colin Creevey, not being a Magic Supremacist, coming from the Switchwalk family which a family of Slytherins that actually disagreed with extreme Magic Supremacist ideologies, not having anything personal against Potter and being related to the Slughorn family whom was also an example of a Slytherin family who were not into Magic Supremacies. Draco´s simple disapproval slowly began when Leonard expressed disappointment over Draco´s incident with Hermione, thinking Draco was making "Slytherin look bad" and when Leonard being one of the Slytherins who applauded the end of the Basilisk attacks, the curing of the victims and Hagrids return & vindication. Leonard Switchwalk in turn was willing to make friends with Draco at first, as he thought that Lucius and Draco really had changed their ways (considering Lucius did claim he was under the Imperius Curse) and that there would be a bright future of rebuilding "Slytherin´s place & reputation in Hogwarts", that was until Leonard began to get to know Draco´s misdeeds and what not and began to slowly distance himself from Draco & voice his disappointment over Draco´s action directly to him. Draco´s simple disapproval, however, turned into judgment and outright dislike (if not outright loathing) during the events of Order of the Pheonix when Switchwalk sided with Harry and opposed the Ministry of Magic´s Inquisition at Hogwarts, thinking Leonard was outright a traitor to their House to the point of "banishing" him from the dormitories by using a combination of his prefect status and permission by then temporary Ministry appointed headmistress Umbridge plus constantly blaming Switchwalk of being a disgrace, a reason why their house never wins & a traitor that ruins for everyone in the House of Slytherin to the point of Leonard of facing a identity crisis of somesort and doubting himself and his intentions of "vindicating the image of Slytherin House". Of course, later on Leonard did get over his worries and insecurites caused by the blame and accusations by his fellow Slytherin and was freed from the punishment laid upon him by Draco. Draco, when confronted by Ulf-Harald John, refered to Leonard as a "House-Betraying Slytherin" . Still, Draco was vulnerable & insecure, and deep down knew that Leonard Switchwalk was right about vindicating the image and reputation of Slytherin was way more important and that Switchwalk was a way better role model for the House than Draco himself was during the school years of the decade, and Draco did regret not being like Leonard, yet alone trying to befriend him (and apologise for not listening to him and treating him badly), considering Crabbe & Goyle were more goonies than friends to Draco who only followed Draco simply for being raised in the ways of Magic Supremacies.
• In the films Draco is portrayed by Tom Felton.
- In some head canons it is theorised that Draco uses he/they pronouns