23 December, 1969
1 May, 1998 Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Hogsmeade, Banff, Scotland
Acacia Wood with a unicorn hair corn, 12 inches and slightly yielding flexibility
Rafleur Scabior (b. 23 December, 1969 - d. 1 May, 1998) was a half-blooded Dark Wizard and Death Eater during the Second Wizarding War. Unlike his brother, Scabior, the leader of the Death Eaters Snatcher henchmen, Rafleur was a fully-fledged Death Eater. During the Second Wizarding War, Rafleur was captured and incarcerated in Azkaban for an unknown length of time, which had a grievous effect on his mental stability, before escaping in a Mass Death Eater breakout, attended various meetings at Malfoy Manor and, during one meeting was highly impressed when Corban Yaxley told of how he had placed Pius Thicknesse under the Imperius Curse. Later on, Rafleur fought in the Battle of the Seven Potters, during which he pursued a Thestral-riding Bill and Fleur, nearing hitting Bill with the Avada Kadavra curse, which only missed due to the pair crossing into the protected area of Muriel Prewett's home. Immediately after the Ministry of Magic fell under Death Eater control, Rafleur and hundreds of other Death Eaters and now Death Eater-controlled Ministry people forced their way into every Order of the Phoenix-connected house in Britain and during this, Rafleur and several others set the abandoned home of confirmed Order member Dedalus Diggle's home alight in search of Harry Potter, who the Death Eaters were searching for under the pretense of wishing to question him about the Death of Albus Dumbledore. Soon after the Fall of the Ministry of Magic, Rafleur was appointed to the status of a high-ranking official who examined the family trees of people brought in by his brother Scabior and other Snatchers in search of Muggle-borns, as well as oversaw various "Mudblood" trials. Rafleur later participated in the Battle of Hogwarts, and during the battle, Rafleur's brother was killed. Upon hearing of his younger brother's death during the one hour of ceasefire, Rafleur's already strained stability finally nearly-fully snapped. He watched his master supposedly "kill" Harry Potter and was among the dozens of duelists that spilled out of Hogwarts Castle and into the grounds and village of Hogsmeade beyond and eventually locked in combat with Daphne Greengrass. During the duel Rafleur, cackling wildly, taunting her of her best friend, Tracey Davis's death and after he killed her, he would kill her sister Astoria and her mother and father, who were both fighting for the Order, all the while screeching with insane laughter, until she blasted him back into the wall of Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop–quills & stationary in an attempt to knock him out but, it instead snapped his neck, killing him instantly. Despite his tauntings, Rafleur's death traumatized Daphne with the realization that she had killed someone.
- Dark Arts: Being a Death Eater, Rafleur was highly talented and well-versed in dark magic, being an accomplished Dark Wizard. He would have been very capable of casting multiple dark charms and was able to cast the Killing Curse, which requires genuine malice to perform, and most likely the other two Unforgivable Curses.
- Duelling: Being a Death Eater, Scabior would have been accomplished in martial magic and combat. He fought in the Battle of the Seven Potters, for which he chased after Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour on a broomstick, meaning he would have been a fairly competent duellist.
- Flying: Rafleur Sabior was a skilful flyer, as he participated in the Battle of the Seven Potters via Broomstick. He fiercely pursued and fiercely duelled with Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour on the Thestral and very nearly killed Bill. His ability to duel whilst flying shows his very impressive talent in this field.
- Wand: Rafleur owns a wand of Acacia with unicorn's tail hair for a core and a length of 12 inches, which he presumably bought at Ollivanders before beginning his Hogwarts years. It was described to have a "slightly yielding flexibility". Rafleur used this wand throughout his school years and later life as a Death Eater.
- Broomstick: Rafleur owns a broomstick of unknown model which he used during the Battle of the Seven Potters.
- Given the Rafleur could pursue and fight a Thestral-riding Bill and Fleur, it is likely he had witnessed death in his life, as he could presumably see the Thestral his prey was riding on, which could only be seen by one who had witnessed death. Given his status as a Death Eater, it is likely that if he had seen death before, then it would have likely been a foe on the battlefield.